Borneo is haven and paradise for birders. With so many national parks and conservation areas in Borneo, you will be spoilt for choice. We even have a Borneo Rainforest Bird Festival held annually in May at the Sepilok Rainforest Discovery Centre in the east coast of Sabah. However, should your schedule does not permit you to come during this time, birding in Borneo can be done throughout the year. The following are just some samples of the many many places that you can enjoy your birding activity.
- Kinabalu National Park located some 2 hours drive from the city of Kota Kinabalu.
- Sepilok Rainforest Discovery Center in Sandakan, Sabah
- Kinabatangan Wildlife Corridor in Sandakan, Sabah
- Tabin Wildlife Forest Reserve in Lahad Datu, Sabah
- Danum Valley Conservation Area in Lahad Datu, Sabah
- Maliau Basin Conservation Area, Sabah
- Temburong National Park, Brunei
- Mulu National Park, Sarawak
- Batang Ai National Park, Sarawak
- Similajau National Park in Bintulu, Sarawak
Statistically, there are 500 of known birds species found in Borneo. Amazing as it sounds but true. Since birding is a speciality trip, we have very experience local tribes guides some of which has more than 20 years birding experience and has travel the world. Therefore, it is assuring to know that you are in good hands.
Please email us for a custom-made trip and let us know what interest you more.